Monday, June 9, 2014

The last two days have been very busy as the #TwoBullsFire has been raging just west of Bend.  I volunteered to provide up to date information on fire conditions and fire information to the central Oregon Amateur Radio community.  At first it seemed that officials were very tight lipped about giving out information, but then they started releasing information late Sunday and it became much easier to relay information.  So far there has not been a need for ARES/RACES involvement but the fire is not out yet and may still cause issues as the winds become stronger.  I will continue to provide information as it becomes available on the 147.360 Long Butte repeater and on the 147.380 Grizzly Mountain repeater.  There may be times where updates are far and few between so do not worry if you do not hear me like every hour on the hour.  I will be mobile again tomorrow and I will do my best to continue to give updates in a timely manner.  

73,

Carroll - KF7ELY

No comments:

Post a Comment